Sunday, December 1, 2013

Slowing Down on Lego...

Hellego! These past few weeks have been hectic for me. I have school work, I have a music show coming up, and it’s hard to find time to enjoy Lego. It's hard to find time to do everything I want to. I think this is something a lot of TFOLs and AFOLs can relate to.

Some of you may know I am working on a project with my Lego. I also like to put up at least one post, preferably two on my blog per weekend which I like doing and I have a lot of vintage Lego to build which I also enjoy doing very much. So I am very occupied with my Lego world these days.

I realized how long it has been since I just sat down to build. Just build for fun and let my imagination go. No planning, rush or project, just pure building. It must have been at least two or three months I haven't done it. Basically, pretty much since I went back to school after my summer vacations. I am sure that a lot of you who are active in the Lego community whether it's a blog, YouTube or Flickr. It's easy to forget to do what Lego was originally meant for. Relaxing and just letting your imagination go.

While I was building, it felt really good and I felt a sense of relief. It's much different building for pleasure than to build for a project, stop motion, big MOC, etc. It's a different feeling. You start with no particular goal in mind. You pick up the first piece and you just go from there. It reminds me a bit of the song Lego made called This One Brick. You can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCyPgzyepp0

I am planning much more now to just stop and build. Building for fun and letting my imagination go. I had no idea at first what I was going to build. I ended up building a space ship and it turned out pretty nice!







I am pretty sure that some of you Lego fans out there could relate to this situation and I thought it would be good to share my thoughts on this topic. Think about it: how long has it been since you just sat down to build without planning anything and just letting your imagination go? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can type in your comment and then, beside "comment as", click on the arrow and select "anonymous" or "name/URL". For the last one, I suggest you just enter in your name. Also, there is a little bug. You have to double click on "post comment". Not just one click or if not it will not work.