Monday, October 14, 2013

Lego Stop Motion - Gun Shooting


Hellego! In my stop motion videos (that you can check out here), I have never used a gun, tried to put effects synchronized with the gun, etc. Except for my stop motion, The Pirate's Shark Adventure, where the Pirate shoots one bullet. It was really simple. So I wanted to give a more advanced approach to it.
 
  1. The first sequence is only the pictures I took with nothing added. Not much to say here. Time: 0:19
  2. Now the second sequence though, I added the gun effects at the end of it. I used simply Paint to add some white and yellow combined. I personally think it came out pretty well. Time: 0:31
  3. Next thing I added was sound effects. The walking effect you have most likely already heard in my previous stop motions. But the machine gun effect was the first time I used it. I must say it fit pretty well with the effect I added to the end of my gun. Time: 0:45
  4. After, I added a bit of suspense music. I have nothing to say about that since it was nothing really special. All it did was give it more of an action feel. Time: 0:58
  5. Finally, I decided to try and modify the colours. Sometimes, in action movies with guns, the lighting is a bit dark and there a bit of blue in the air. I don't know if you can kind of grasp what I am trying to describe, but all I was trying to do was give it more of an action movie lighting style. I find it did not turn out as good as I would have liked. Time: 1:12


I hope you found this interesting. I was doing these tests and I wanted to document it a bit to you guys. It could maby help you with future stop motions. Please leave a comment telling me which sequence you preferred and how you found it in general. Don't forget to share this post and follow my blog. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can type in your comment and then, beside "comment as", click on the arrow and select "anonymous" or "name/URL". For the last one, I suggest you just enter in your name. Also, there is a little bug. You have to double click on "post comment". Not just one click or if not it will not work.