Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year! 2014 Now Done - Year In Review

Hellego! Another year is coming to its end. A lot of things happened this year, especially to the blog.

In June, I finally decided to change the blog name from CD's Lego Blog to CD's Brick Mix. I had been thinking about this for a while before doing the change. The idea of changing my blog name came to me because I had started to notice that a lot of people in the Lego community who either had websites or a YouTube channel and had Lego in their name, were changing their name to not have Lego in it because Lego is a copyrighted name. Afterwards, after starting to think about changing my name, I realised that CD's Lego Blog was not the most original name either. It's pretty obvious that it is a blog about Lego. I had thought about many different names like CD's Blog of Bricks. I wanted a name that still kept the CD. I thought since I do a variety of posts on my blog, it would be nice to have a name that says that. It's a mix of subjects and I found that CD's Brick Mix sounded really good when said. The whole process of changing the name is much more complicated than it sounds. Lots of aspects have to be thought out. The change was successful, although I did lose a lot of views per month because people had not adapted to the change and still went to CD's Lego Blog.

This year I got to go at two different Lego stores: one in Toronto and one in New York! I had travelled a lot this summer and it was very exciting. I also got to go to my first ever Comic-Con convention and it was awesome! I could not believe that I had actually gone to comic con. I did also get Lego there. This year The Lego Movie also came out which was such a big hit. Personally it was one of the best movies I've watched this year.

If there is one thing I am disappointed about this year though is the fact that I hardly made any stop motions. I only made one around March that was only about 30 seconds long. I really would have liked to have done more but as I said in a couple of past posts, what I was working on in the end was not possible. I hope next year I will be able to fully get back into it.

So this is my 2014 year in review. The year went by somewhat quickly. A lot of events happened over the year. But like every year, it goes by and the year ends. If you would like to tell me a bit about how your year went, feel free to leave a comment! Happy New Year and I wish you all a great and healthy year in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can type in your comment and then, beside "comment as", click on the arrow and select "anonymous" or "name/URL". For the last one, I suggest you just enter in your name. Also, there is a little bug. You have to double click on "post comment". Not just one click or if not it will not work.