Friday, August 30, 2013

Taking down my Chicken Restaurant MOC

Hellego! As you probably know, at the start of July, I made a Chicken Restaurant inspired by the Chicken Suit Guy minifigure I got. But in the end, it was time to take it down.


Now I never really like to break down my models like that because I would like to keep them. But like many other Lego builders out there, I can't keep buying bricks to replace the ones that are being used for another MOC and depending how big the build is, it can take up a lot of space. This MOC used a big amount of white pieces and it took up a lot of space, so in the end, I had no choice to take it down. Plus, I had finally done the stop motion I was planning to make with it.

One thing that I like about having a blog like this is being able to show other people in the Lego community that share the same passion as me the creations I made. To do that, I take lot's of pictures and write about it (and sometimes make a video). So at the same time, it helps me keep a memory of that creation. If ever I wanted to make it again, I could always look back at the posts I made for it to remind me of the design and how exactly I had built it at the time.

Now here is a picture I took once I was done taking it down. All the bricks you see are only the bricks that made the structure of the model. So all the inside, outside and vehicle detailing is not included.


Now isn't that a lot of white bricks? So as you see, even though it's a bit "heartbreaking" to have to take down a MOC, I do get back a huge amount of bricks for future MOCs.

I felt like making a post on this subject because I know that there are a lot of other builders out there that are in the same situation and just hate taking down their models. Now there are some lucky ones out there that can afford to keep their models as long as they want. But for most of us, it just isn't the case.

So do you feel the same way when taking down your models? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can type in your comment and then, beside "comment as", click on the arrow and select "anonymous" or "name/URL". For the last one, I suggest you just enter in your name. Also, there is a little bug. You have to double click on "post comment". Not just one click or if not it will not work.